Monday, June 18, 2007

Impatience

It's great that it doesn't cost anything to try this little blog promotion experiment I've described in my last couple of posts, but it's just not creating any meaningful results. The site is getting some traffic, but it seems to be falling off from what it got earlier. So this is starting to seem like more of a waste of time than anything else. I mean, it's pretty clear that I won't be acquiring any great wealth by using my time in this way, so I don't know how much longer I'll stick with it just to get one more sale before I call it quits. Maybe it's actually mostly the same circle of people that look at those profiles on that site or something, which would be tough to prove, but that's one possibility I guess.

Whatever it is, the traffic doesn't seem to want to purchase anything...just look at pictures or videos or whatever is posted. I'm sure that, with persistence, some sales would eventually be made...but it's not the best use of my time to keep striving for. And even though the Google ads that appear on the site are relevent and seem to be just what I would want displayed, they're not earning anything either. I guess I just have to chalk it up to beginner's luck that I earned that sale the very first day I started the promotional profile, so at least I do have that to show for my efforts.

No comments: