Friday, June 15, 2007

Another Sneaky Experiment

Taking the idea in my last post another step further, I did create a blog to send visitors to the networking site profile to, rather than just linking directly to my ClickBank links. This way I can at least get an idea of how much traffic that profile is really creating. As I described in my last post, it's just a very simple profile I created using a public domain photo of an attractive young lady, and now it includes a link to what is supposed to be her own personal blog site. (When I say sneaky I mean it, don't I?!) Hey, it's just a little experiment to satisfy my curiousity really, and I don't plan on leaving it up for very long...unless of course it suddenly starts making money hand over fist or something! (Hasn't so far!)

It does seem to get quite a bit of quick traffic right after any kind of a post is made on the site it's part of. But in the week or so I've been trying this, I've noticed that the traffic pretty much stops after the post has run it's course. So if you don't post anything for a day, there's no traffic, since that's the only source there is. But it's a good test because of that.

On that site I've included a whole string of ClickBank links promoting various dating success tips that are available, and of course the google ads. There's only a single actual blog post, which just serves as an introduction really, and is written to imply that there will be more to come. Pretty easy to thow together really, and best of all...free! Might be just an amusing little waste of time, but I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: