Monday, June 11, 2007

A Creative, Sneaky, ClickBank Sale!

I earned a very "creative" ClickBank sale recently on a spur-of-the-moment kind of idea that didn't even cost anything to try. But it's such a sneaky tactic that I almost hesitate to even admit to what I've done! That is, afterall, what this blog is about though, documenting my successes and failures along the way to discovery of what really works, so it's only fair that I fill you in on this...but it is pretty sneaky!

I've been experimenting lately with one of the many social networking type sites, similar to MySpace. Like MySpace, it's also free to use, so you know it's going to be tempting to me to try to use somehow, since that's what I'm always after is free or very inexpensive promotion ideas. The problem is, most of these social networking sites are usually meant for personal, rather than business, use. So you have to be a little creative if you're going to try to use them to promote anything.

What I noticed was that whenever an attractive female's picture was posted on this site, their profile usually got a huge number of hits in a short amount of time. And depending on just how good looking the person in the picture was, there were also many comments posted from men about how great the girl in the picture looks.

So I had a hunch that if I were to create a profile for a ficticious female and post a picture of an attractive female on it, I'd get the attention of lots of the male members of the site. So I did just that and included a ClickBank link to an ebook on how to successfully meet girls and ask them out. And just like magic, within 12 hours of doing so I had a nice (although sneaky!) ClickBank sale that earned a $49 commission!

The bad news is, this was about a month ago, and since then I've made no more sales, so I'm about to delete this little experimental profile of mine. But it's tempting to just leave it on there, since it doesn't cost anything, afterall. But sooner or later they might start to catch on that the pictures I posted are free stock photos from one of the free photo trading websites! But before I do delete it, I might still try creating a blog to link to from that profile instead, where I can include several more links that might be of interest to those readers. Then I'd have measurable traffic to get an idea of how many are really hitting this link. Plus I could throw the good old Google AdSense ads on there too and see what they might come up with if I make the page about dating, etc. Once again, this is an experiment that doesn't cost anything to try, yet quite a bit can be learned (and maybe even EARNED) from it!

No comments: