Sunday, April 01, 2007

Domain Forwarding Problem Solved!

Well, I should have called GoDaddy as soon as I started having that problem. Solving it turned out to be as simple as a 10 minute call to their toll free customer service line! Now I feel pretty FOOLISH (notice today's date?) for not having done so a week ago!

I guess I'm just bull-headed enough to insist on trying to solve "simple" problems like that myself, just by searching around the internet forums, etc. That USUALLY works for getting the information you need, but in this case, for whatever reason I couldn't find much help. In fact, I saw some posts by people saying that GoDaddy's customer service wasn't of any help, so I hesitated to give them a chance because of that. Now I'm sorry I did - it turned out to be a fairly simple matter.

For everyone else's benefit, here's what solved my problem: My domain wasn't forwarding because it (for whatever reason) was missing the proper forwarding IP address. So the GoDaddy rep. had me enter their correct forwarding IP address, which is: 64.202.189.170. I was told that no matter what anything else was set as, there would be no forwarding done without this. Another 10 minutes later that domain was instantly forwarding to my blog!

Needless to say, I have no complaints about GoDaddy's service, although I do think their help screens should explain this fairly simple detail. I was told they do, but as much as I looked for it I didn't see it explained anywhere.

Just goes to show you...sometimes you just have to talk to the right person to steer you back in the right direction.

No comments: