Thursday, November 02, 2006

Starting To Get Ranked On Google

I just noticed that I seem to be officially listed on Google now with this blog. If I search by "computer income" and add my last name to the search, this blog appears in the top few Google results! Of course, the hard part is getting to the top of the listings without including my name, but once again, it's a start. A couple of weeks ago it didn't come up no matter what I searched by. So I guess it worked when I clicked on the link to be included in Google a couple of weeks ago. I seem to remember seeing services that will list your site with many different search engines automatically, so I should probably look into that.

So far I'm still only advertising on TrafficSwarm, although I'm not sure why. I'm just not getting anything out of it, other than those few glancing visitors it sends each day. I'm starting to conclude that maybe even FREE isn't worthwhile if all you get is visitors who just glance (if that) and disappear. Pretty soon I plan to look into some of the inexpensive ad space on other websites, or maybe even some of the lower priced pay-per-click ads on some smaller search engines. Something to get a few actual INTERESTED people to read this stuff on how to make money with your computer and the internet. Maybe they'll even click some of the AdSense ads. (Yeah, like you...if you haven't done that already, please do give them a few clicks!) :)

John

No comments: