Thursday, September 28, 2006

Using Google AdSense

Don't look now, but I'm already moving up in the world. As you can see, I've just added some Google AdSense ads to this very blogsite. (On second thought, please do look at them - and click on them too, for that matter!) This is yet another cool way to generate some income that doesn't even cost a penny to try. No wonder you see those little "Goooooogle" ads literally all over the internet!

The ads are very easily added to any website. It took mine less than 24 hours to appear after registering and getting approved. The ads themselves are automatically selected to be good matches for whatever your site's content may be. And the best part is...whenever anyone clicks on the ads on your website, you get paid! (That's just for the clicks alone - nothing even has to be sold!)

Exactly how much you get paid for them is sort of a mystery. A lot goes into the calculation, including what the advertisers paid, etc., so I'll just have to wait and see what kind of results mine get. (I'm actually not allowed to click on them myself - you have to promise not to as part of the registration process.) Anyway, I'll let you know what kind of results they bring right here in a future post.

But in the meantime...do me a small favor, would you please? Click on one of those little Google ads up there before you leave. Thanks! :)

1 comment:

John T. said...

Hi Wendy! Those 3 little clicks you made apparently earned me $1.54...so now I'm up to a whopping $2.40! (I'm cooking now, aren't I?!) Hey, seriously though, it looks like with just a little effort in promotion of your website, this really could add up to something worthwhile when you start getting some real traffic.

Just curious, in case you do see this post...I was wondering how you found this site, since I haven't publicised it much at all yet.

Thanks for writing!
-John